Missing period after unprotected sex. Feeling sleepy, getting cramps and diarrhea. HPT negative. Pregnant?

Mar 2013
I had the stomach flu on the 27th of Feb, 2013 and on the 2nd/3rd of march, 2013 I had sex with my boyfriend, and the condom came off inside, now when we pulled the condom out it was still filled with stuff. and now like 3 weeks later I'm supposedly 9 days late on my period. I've been having symptoms such as I'm always sleepy, and I've never been this way prior to this situation, I'm forever eating, and craving foods, I have cramps, I have diarrhea every now and then, or well not diarrhea but the rumbling of my stomach that suggests i go to the bathroom, my back sometimes hurts. I've also taken 3 pregnancy tests, 1 test was the test that tells you 6 days before your missed period, 1 took one test 6 days before, and it came out negative, and then i took one 7/8 days after and i still get negative as a result. I jus want to know would or could I be pregnant, and how else is could i tell other than symptoms if i'm pregnant or not?
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
After 3 negative pregnancy tests, chances of your being pregnant are almost nil.
However, you cannot rely on these symptoms only to be sure of that.
There are two ways to absolutely 100% confirm or rule out a pregnancy.
One is to consult a Gynecologist and have an XXXXXXX check up and transvaginal ultrasound.
The other is to go for a blood B HCG test.
Apart from pregnancy , there could be other reasons for a skipped period.
It could be a normal occurrence once in a while.
Stress, anxiety, conditions such as the flu you had, travelling, weight fluctuations, thyroid disorders, polycystic ovaries, any other medications which could affect your cycles, high prolactin levels - these are all possible causes.

If you do not have your period within a few days, it makes sense to consult a Gynecologist.
Feel free to ask any further questions.
Follow-up: Missing period after unprotected sex. Feeling sleepy, getting cramps and diarrhea. HPT negative. Pregnant? 20 hours later
ok so I just got my period today, so now can you explain why i had the symptoms of a pregnant woman. like me having cravings, being sleepy all the time, cramps, always eating, back pains?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Good that you had your period.
Well, it might be surprising to you, but most of the symptoms of early pregnancy overlap with the symptoms of PMS ( pre menstrual syndrome ).
All the things you mention are common during PMS.
So do not worry.