Missing period after unprotected sex. Could I be pregnant?

Jan 2013

Hi Doctor Im 23;F, Had unprotected sex with my boy friend on 27th eve; My periods is due by 31st. I didn't have it yet now; Please suggest .*Had quite a stressed (other reason) day on 1st & still on.
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 38 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Menstrual periods have two phase: 1st day of menses up to ovulation is called as estrogen phase and from ovulation up to the start of next menses is called as progesterone phase.
When period were expected on 31 st Dec 2012, so you were in progesterone phase on 27th Dec 2012.
When period were expected on 31 st Dec 2012, ovulation occurred most likely on 17th/ 18th of Dec 2012 (31-14= 17).
There is high chances of getting pregnancy if unprotected sex was performed during 15th Dec 2012 to 20th Dec 2012.
So there is least chances of conceiving if unprotected sex was done on 27th 2012.

You should consult with gynecologist and should go for thorough check up.
Although there is no chance, still you should go for ultrasound imaging pelvis and urine pregnancy test as you are in stress.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Missing period after unprotected sex. Could I be pregnant? 38 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for your prompt reply; The only concern is I'm getting married on 6th Feb; so both of us are very worried . The more it get delayed this month , next cycle also will be delayed. Till how long my period can get delayed - How long should I wait ? If in case as you told (least possibilities) I conceive , I hope there will be medications for it for not to get pregnant. We both are worried about this.

Looking forward for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 11 minutes later
You should take medicines within 72 hours of unprotected sex means before 30th Dec 2012.
Both of you should relaxed as there is no chance of getting pregnancy yet now.
You should get normal menstrual period in this month and just observe the date and correlate with your past months experience.

Suppose you are getting at every 30 days and your periods will start on 5th or 6th XXXXXXX 2013 then there is high chances of getting menses on 6th Feb 2013, In such case you should consult with gynecologist and should get treatment for postpone menses.
best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava