Missing period. Will it be safe to travel during early pregnancy?

Question
i am first month pregnant. my last period was on 31st december and i missed my period in XXXXXXX we have a travel plan on 17th XXXXXXX for delhi and jaipur by train . what should we do .should we travel or not . is it XXXXXXX it is our first baby.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
I think you are planning to travel on 17th Feb.
If there are no symptoms like bleeding or spotting, excessive nausea or pain abdomen then you can safely travel by train. Do consult a gynecologist for an examination to rule out any ectopic pregnancy before you proceed for the journey.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Missing period. Will it be safe to travel during early pregnancy? 10 hours later
i heard that travel in first trimester is sometime XXXXXXX is it true?i heard possibility of miscarriage is higher in first trimester. now this time i am not facing any problem but afraid that what to do?? Friends and relative keep suggesting not to travel in first trimester of pregnancy. is it XXXXXXX to baby in any manner or due to uncomfortable feeling of mother they are suggesting.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It is true that travelling in the first trimester may cause mild bleeding or even induce an abortion. If it is not absolutely necessary and you can avoid travelling easily then it is the best thing to do.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Missing period. Will it be safe to travel during early pregnancy? 13 hours later
what is the best time for journey during pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Second trimester - after 12 weeks till 28 weeks is a comparatively less risky time for traveling.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards