Missing period. Pregnancy test negative. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Concerned

Question
This is my second month late on my period. I was late 4 days last month and it was not normal. This month so far I'm 3 days late but got a negative result on my home test. This would be my second child and I'm having sign of pregnancy. Plus I have a huge baby bump and my husband even said that is not right. How long do i wait? I have taken 2 test this month one 6 days before and one today both negative. Now what do i do?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Urine pregnancy test becomes positive at 1 week after missed period.

So i recommend you to:

1. Repeat urine pregnancy test 7 days after missed period.

2.You can as well test your blood beta HCG levels now itself. It becomes positive at 24 days of pregnancy.

3. If UPT is positive, get an ultrasound to be more sure of pregnancy.

Hope i have answered both your queries. Let me know anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Missing period. Pregnancy test negative. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Concerned 2 days later
So I started and my cycle is really not normal. On Thursday I started bleeding it was light pink, and it was the same yesterday. Today I'm bleeding heavy and it is dark in color not red like it normally is.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 7 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Good that your menstrual period started.

Dark colored blood could be because of heavy bleeding associated with clots.
Bleeding after a long gap also causes dark color menstrual blood.

Contact your Gynecologist for heavy bleeding if it persist for more than 7-10 days.

Hope this helps. You may write to me for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer