Missing period. Noticed blood in stool. Have high BP and gallstone. Safe remedy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I didn't get my period this month (was supposed to get it on the 10th of April and today I had a lot of blood in the stool (bright red color and a lot....). What can it be? I have a high blood pressure and two gallstone (since I had my 2nd child in 2007) but not causing any pain....
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 52 minutes later
thanks for writing in.
From your history you seem to be having three health issues.
1. gall stones: since these are at present asymptomatic you have time on your side. But taking into consideration your age it would be advisable to get it (gall bladder removal or cholecystectomy)removed as when you are controlled with respect to the other medical ailments.
2. hypertension: this needs to be meticulously controlled and monitored by agood physician. Periodic renal check ups are also advisable. Once the BP is well controlled then you can go in for elective surgery for the gall stones.
3. blood in the stools most probably in your case must be due to piles. For that you need to undergo a clinical and speculum examination by a general surgeon to find the exact cause or source of the bleeding. There is high likelihood of the piles bleeding due to high BP.
I hope this answers your querry.