Missing period. HPT negative. Taking home remedies. Worrisome

May 2013
i hv my periods expected on 7th april but till now I have not got it. i did pregnancy test today morning and it was negative. I want my periods so m taking home remedies like turmeric and papaya. Hope that pregnancy test result is OK as if it is not then by taking these remedies i dont want to go for a danger statte like abortion
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
If you had unprotected intercourse during the period of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.
Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy.
But delay in periods can also occur due to many causes like weight changes, stress and strain, poly cystic disease of ovary, thyroid abnormalities etc.
So you better go for blood test for pregnancy, which will give more accurate result.
If the test comes negative, you consult gynecologist and take tablets for withdrawal bleeding.
Usually home remedies will not work, and there is no scientific proof regarding their effect on menstruation.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.