Missing period. Getting stomachache and leg pain. HPT positive. Is this normal?

Married on 16-Dec-2012. Last Menstraul Period was on 19-Dec-2012. Period was due on 19-Jan-2013. But did not get period on 19-Jan-2013. There was little pain on the left side of stomach and pain in left leg. There was no bleeding (Usually for me bleeding is 5 days). So, did a urine pregnancy test on 25-Jan-2013. It turned out to be positive (There were 2 lines one darker one i.e. C and another lighter line bith in pink color). Now, my question is - I got little pain in the left side of stomach and pain in my left leg. It lasted for only few minutes. I got a similar pain (little) on 27-Jan-2013 also. But, there was no bleeding. Is that usual while pregnant (or) is it a symptom of abortion? Please mail me your answer. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 56 minutes later

Pain in the left side of the abdomen in early pregnancy usually indicates either an ovarian pain or a stretching of the supporting round ligaments. An abortion pain is usually felt below the navel and associated with backache, cramps, and some vaginal discharge.

So, I think the pain is most likely due to the enlarging uterus and the enlarged ovary. You should see a gynecologist for an evaluation and also a sonogram as you can get your pregnancy status at this stage, preferably by a trans-vaginal ultrasound. With this, you can also view the fetal heartbeat at this stage of pregnancy.

Meanwhile follow some precautions-avoid lifting weights, avoid intercourse, maintain a proper body posture and take proper rest and diet.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. If you need further clarification, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Missing period. Getting stomachache and leg pain. HPT positive. Is this normal? 57 minutes later
Thank you XXXXXXX madam. We will visit doctor on 11-Feb-2013 and planning to go for ultra-sound then. We will let you know the result. Thank you for the response.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 4 hours later

Very well then. Please follow the instructions I have given until then. Do not use any medication without consulting the doctor. You can eat fresh fruits (except papaya) and take folic acid. Do not eat oily and fried foods; eat healthy food and take plenty of water.

You can get back to me whenever you want. If you do not have any further clarifications now, you can close this discussion and rate this answer. Wish you good health.