Missing period. Found follicular cyst in ovary. What should I do now?

hi, i m XXXXXX F 26 , My period missed form last 3 months , today i make a ultrasound ,in report in follicular cyst of 27 mm is seen in left ovary. what is follicular cyst and what will i do..
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There are multiple follicles in ovary. One if them matures and get ruptured on day 14 of menstrual cycle. If such follicle doesn't rupture it increases in size to form cyst. It is known as follicular cyst. It is also known as simple ovarian cyst. In your case cyst is not so big to worry about.
It is not responsible for absent menses. Possible cause for this hormonal imbalance because imaging wise uterus and ovaries are not affected. You need to consult your gynaecologist for examination and treatment. It will get regularised gradually.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.