Missing heart beats, acidity, BP under control. Should I consult a cardiologist?

does heat stop when u have acidity similar to sneezing? when i was watching my pulse, i fell my heart stops now and then? my bp is under control. should i consult a cardiologist?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

You have provided good information but kindly explain what do you mean by "heat stop when u have acidity similar to sneezing".

Regarding the pulse, if you have counted it and see that it is above 80 beats per minute - occasionally does not mean anything XXXXXXX Hypertensive patients often have this due to hyperdynamic circulation, and treatment. Also the good thing is that BP is under control.

Heart cannot stop as such, but I feel you are having palpitations which might be due to anxiety, stress, dehydration or electrolyte imbalance.

I would suggest you drink a generous amount of an electrolyte beverage for few hours, relax yourslef and then observe for changes.

Stress management, anxiety control, reduction of caffeine, salt and fat intake in your diet, weight loss motivation and an increase in regular exercise are all the measures necessary.

Keep measuring the BP at intervals and if there is a sudden change or palpitations/missed beats are frequent consider visiting a Cardiologist for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.