Missed three non-hormonal pills,new pack started,period did not start

i missed 3 non hormonal pills and accidentally started a new pack when i was supposed to be taking the XXXXXXX ones also i havent started my period yet what should i do
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Let me provide you with some reassurance and information. I would recommend you continue with the new pack of pills even though you have not had a period yet. You may encounter some spotting in the coming days or a day or two of bleeding. On your next period the flow may be a bit heavier and then for subsequent months it should return back to normal.

I hope I have provided you with an adequate response here and I am available for your followups if needed.

With warm regards,

Dr Robert Galamaga