Missed taking pills. Had protected intercourse. Missing periods. Should I be concerned?

i"ve been on XXXXXXX 35 for last two years and last month have been very irregular with the intake of my medicine.Must have missed 5 times.I had sex without the protection and it's been three days i havent has my period after i finished my course of medicine.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I understand your concern.

You need to wait for a week after you finish the medicine, for your periods to happen. If you do not get the same in 7 days time, then you may go ahead and do a home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.

However, I strongly feel you may get your periods in the next few days even though you missed the tablet 5 times in the last month.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.