Missed taking krimson 35. Started heavy periods. What is the cause and how to control it?

I stoped krimson 35 after 15th day. Cos i missed it on 16th day. Now on 19th day i got my periods. And its tooo heavy. Am chnging pads evry two hours. Could u pls suggest if its cos of the wrong dosage or something else. Am 28yrs old hsving pcod and obese. Married and mother of a 2 yr old boy. Pls suggest wot to be done for this heavy flow
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
The bleeding that you are having now is due to stopping the oral contraceptive suddenly. This is the withdrawal bleeding.
To decrease the bleeding you should start with a new pack of Krimson 35 and it will take at least 72 hours to produce an effect. In case the bleeding is very heavy then you might need hemostatic agents after consulting your gynecologist.
Meanwhile do start with oral iron supplements to combat the iron loss due to bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Missed taking krimson 35. Started heavy periods. What is the cause and how to control it? 23 hours later
Doc is there any pblm in taking this pill.. And i want to go for a surgery?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
There should not be any problem in continuing with this pill. But before going for any surgery, do inform your surgeon regarding the pills you are taking as these do increase the chances of XXXXXXX vein thrombosis after surgery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.