Missed taking ginette 35. Had unprotected sex. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

Hi, I am on ginette 35. I missed one pill during my 21days dosage. I had unprotected sex during my pill free period. I usually get my periods in the beginning of the month. Will I get pregnant? Do I need to take an Ipill in case there are chances of pregnancy? Thanks
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 52 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

If you have missed only one pill and have taken the rest at a fixed time without delays then you do not need i-pill emergency contraception.

Missing one pill anywhere in your pack or starting the new pack one day late is not a problem as you will still be protected against pregnancy. Emergency contraception with i-pill is not needed.

The most important of the pills which are not be missed are the ones 7 days before and after the pill free period.

You need emergency contraception in the form of i-pill only if you have had unprotected sex in the previous seven days and have missed two or more pills in the first week of a pack.

I hope I have answered your query.