Missed taking cerazette. Had unprotected sex. Having pain in lower abdomen. What are the complication?

My girlfriend takes Cerezette. She missed it on a Friday, but took that pill the next day and did not miss any other. 5 days after that we had unprotected sex-though, I only inserted it during foreplay and thrust once or twice. There was no ejaculate at all. I then put on a condom before resuming. We'd had sex about an hour before that using condoms and I'd urinated after that. From what I can see, 2-3 days after the missed pill and we should be fine. Her periods were always highly irregular anyway, but in the last week she's had some pain in her lower abdomen she normally associates with her period and some blood in the last few days. I think we're being a bit too paranoid but can you put ours minds to rest?
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Since your girlfriend has taken the missed pill on the next day, she is 99% protected against the unplanned pregnancy. The pain in lower abdomen and mild spotting is likely to be due to a mild hormonal imbalance. Pregnancy is not a likely possibility here. So, please do not worry.
In case there is no withdrawal bleeding during the pill free period, then it is best to check her urine sample for pregnancy before starting with the next pack of pills.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.