Missed periods, positive pregnancy test. Taken MTP kit. What should be done as not happy with the child?

Question
hello there, I am 28 years old and I have missed my last periods. I am positive on The pregnancy test. i don't want to have this child. I have taken MTP kit twice last year. My husband is adamant this time that I should not take the kit again and risk my health. But I know I wont be happy to have the kid and that's why we should have it when we are ready for it mentally. What should i do? Am i really at high risk by taking the kit. What can be the side effects. Please help.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 41 minutes later
If your pregnancy is less than 7 weeks then you should try abortion by medicine ( abortion pills) in consultation with local doctor. Success rate is 95% nearly. Side effects of the medicine are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain abdomen etc. For more detail on medical abortion you can read patient information leaflet UK available on internet. For future my sincere suggestion is to use regular contraception method ( like condoms, oral contraceptive pills etc) as medical abortion or i-pill should not be used frequently.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Missed periods, positive pregnancy test. Taken MTP kit. What should be done as not happy with the child? 1 hour later
I have already read enough of the internet material, which doesn't clearly say that if MTP is taken thrice then what can be the risks. My question was specific to my situation and not concerned with general side effects which u have mentioned. I am also worried if I can develop a condition where I can never plan for a baby. please don't send me the links, I want a doctors advice not an expert article. Please be empathetic while u answer this I am in a real bad state.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 10 hours later
MTP pill does not have any effect on future child bearing as the studies and clinical practice says. If you want to take it third time, you can have it in liasion with your local Gynecologist. Risk of the medical abortion pill are same whether you take it for first time or third time (as mentioned earlier). No abortion be it by medicine or surgery should be done without the supervision of Gynecologist. You must have read enough on the internet but the site which I mentioned is the one which I used in UK for patient counselling and still using in India. It is a site by recognised medical body. Hope I have answered your query. If still in doubt, I am happy to answer.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Can you please suggest some good gynaecologist in Pune in this regard.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
You can go to hospital of mangeshkar, AFMC.

Best wishes