Missed periods, no penetrative sex. No nausea or vomiting. Can I be pregnant?

Hi, I am 28 years of age . My weight is 56 Kgs.
Me and my fiance spent a night together. Though we did not have sex, but he did touch my vagina with his Penis.
He said there was no discharge in penis.But I am afraid. Its almost 10 days now.I should have had my period on 11 of this month ( 11 XXXXXXX 2012).
But I have missed my date.
Please help. Can I be pregnant? I have no signs of nausea or vomiting or anything like that.
What medication can I take to avoid pregnancy ? and How can I know If I am pregnant, and How can I abort it?
My last period started on 10th Dec'2011 and ended on 14th Dec'2011.
looking forward to your advice.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 4 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your question.

I understand your concern.

If all that your fiance did was to touch the outside of your vagina with his penis without ejaculating then you can not possibly be pregnant. Worry and stress can delay your periods.

The only real way to know if you are pregnant or not is to do a pregnancy test. Today these are cheap and very reliable. You can get a home pregnancy kit and test it as per the advise given in the package insert.

To avoid a pregnancy medically you need to take a contraceptive of which there are many forms. Or, better still, your fiance should wear a condom.

I hope this helps you.

Wishing you Good health.

Follow-up: Missed periods, no penetrative sex. No nausea or vomiting. Can I be pregnant? 18 hours later
Thanks for the reply Dr XXXXXXX

However, I still have the following queries:
1. When is the right time to do pregnancy test?
2. If I am pregnant, what all medicines should I take? and what should be the timings and for how long should I be taking medicine? Is RU-486 to be taken?
3. Can anyone in future know if I had an abortion ?

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for your follow up questions.

You can do a pregnancy test a week after you think you may have been at risk of becoming pregnant. You can do it right now and it will be very reliable.

I will answer all your other questions about pregnancy when you have the result of your pregnancy test. In general it is not a good idea to cross your bridges before you come to them. You are going to be fine, don't worry.

And for your information dear, it is not wise to be considering about self medication.

Please do get back to me with your reports.

Awaiting your response.