Missed periods for two months. Started primolut. Can I get periods regularly after this medicine?

Question
My period missed for two month today I start primolut nor can I get my period regularly after this medicine
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 7 hours later
There are many causes of amenorrhea( having no period) like
-PCOD
-anorexia nervosa
-Hypothyroidism
_Diabetes
-Menopause
If you are in menopausal age group like 45 onwards periods will gradually stop & Primolut-n will not be effective in this case.
However if you are in younger age group & having amenorrhea get investigated for TSH, serum prolactin & random blood sugar. Here Promolut-N can start period but without treatment of primary cause it will not be helpful.
I hope your query has been answered.

Follow-up: Missed periods for two months. Started primolut. Can I get periods regularly after this medicine? 10 hours later
I checked today I only find another pill Duphaston dydrogesterone 10 mg is it the same and should I take twice a day ??

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 56 minutes later
Hello XXXXX,

Welcome back.

You can use Duphaston 10 mg twice daily instead of primolut-N & will get withdrawal bleeding 3-4 days after completion of course.

I hope you are taking these medications under your doctor's prescription. If you have not visited your doctor, please consult your doctor and then take the medications under his/her care.

Follow-up: Missed periods for two months. Started primolut. Can I get periods regularly after this medicine? 39 minutes later
Ok thank you so much and sure I will ask my doctor

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 18 hours later
Hello XXXXX,
It is better to consult your Doctor & then to take medications in proper dose & dosage.
It is unethical to prescribe dose & dosage online.