Missed periods after childbirth. Have diabetes

Infertility Specialist
I'm 32, diabetic and I have not had a period for over a year...after I had my daughter I have had only 2 periods
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

After child birth, if you are breast feeding the baby, it takes time for returning to normal menstruation. It takes time for establishment of normal hormonal process and menses to occur. It is termed as "lactational amenorrhea". Hence no need to worry As you have had recent child birth about a year back & feeding your baby. You will get regular periods soon.

Please come up with follow ups if any.

Follow-up: Missed periods after childbirth. Have diabetes 19 hours later
i didn't breast feed
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
It takes about a year in some women for hypothalamo-pituitary axis to get back to normal physiological level and start having regular menstruation again. So there is nothing to worry. But still if you are very particular about getting normal cycles follow the advice below:

1) please get prescription for progesterone pills from your physician to induce ovulation.

2) after getting periods take oral contraceptive pills for 2 months (2 cycles). It will regularise further cycles by correcting hypothalamo-pituitary axis.