Missed periods. Prescribed meprate and then ovral. Have little high prolactin. Took azifast for pimples. Cause for delay?

May 2013
hi doctor,
i m 29 yrs old. i missed my period for august month and pregnancy is negative...went to gyneac, she suggested meprate for 5 days and waited a week after that, still no periods, then she sugested ovral l for 5 days mrng and evening. i m still left with 1 more day to take
1. how long should i wait after taking this ovral l
2. she said sometimes u might become when u start with the pill itself, still not happened
3. wat is the next alternative in case ovral also does not work4. i had little prolactin high i,e 27 ng/ml where the range is 23ng/ml. she suggested cabergolin for 4 weeks, one each week. should i avoid taking that this week as it induces progestrone
5. i took azifast for my pimples for 3 days, will this tablet antiboitic hinder the menstrual
6. i developed gastric because of this axifast 500mg dosage, so took zinetac for 3 days, will this also cause any effect on menstrualplease let me know about this
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Within one week of stopping the pills

Detailed Answer:
After stopping the overal l, possibly in one week you will get withdrawal bleeding.
No need to stop cabergolin. It actually helps in regularization of periods by decreasing prolactin levels.
Usually intake of antibiotics for shorter period may not affect the menstrual cycle.
Repeated intake of antacids can increase the prolactin levels and can affect menstrual cycle.
But taking for shorter period, usually will not affect the hormonal levels.
Possibly you may get periods soon.
If you do not get periods, even after one week of stopping the pills, you may need one D&C.
Don't worry this is rare.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.