Missed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Scan didn't showed any gestational sac. Worrisome

May 2013
I am a Mother. My query is that my Periods were 10 days late. I did 2 pregnancy tests at home, I did my 1st test on the 6th day after missing my period it gave a negative result and again I did a test on the 8th day it gave a positive result, but I was confuse whether i was pregnant or not coz i never got late periods.On the 12th day there was only some spotting and on the 13th day from evening there were cramps in my lower abdominal and there was a severe pain which was coming from my back to my lower abdominal to thighs but bleeding was not there. I visited the doctor near ot my house i told her the above problem, she suggested to do a sonography to confirm about the pregnancy, I was on my way to do sonography where all of sudden my pain increased and bleeding started with a clots. But when I did my Sonograpy and TVS it showed "Endometrial thickness 7mm, no evidence of gestational sac seen in present study XXXXXXX When i showed this report to the Doctor i consulted she said that there was no pregnancy but signs were there and I will have to do Creutine. I was not satisfied with her answer & i got scared so on next day i consulted my Gynec I showed her this report, well I didn't got a proper answer from her side whether I was pregnant or not and why all this has happened, she only asked few questions and for which almost my answer was Yes.
Would you help me to know what exactly my above problem was related to coz we were planning for our second child from last seven months and when i missed my periods i thought that i was pregnant. Please provide me the information required coz after this when i got my periods this month it was very painful on the 1st day & i also had a fever.
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 56 minutes later
According to your description:
The possibility of pregnancy is less.
-As your scan report didn't show any gestational sac even 43 days(around 6 weeks) after last menstrual period.
-Urine pregnancy test kits can give false positive results sometimes.

The menstrual cycle can undergo changes depending on many factors which will affect the hormones that will regulate the cycle.
Like stress and strain, poly cystic ovary disease, thyroid disorders, recent illness, weight changes etc.
In your case there is possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease.
As you are having menstrual irregularity, severe dysmenorrhea, fever etc.
So better to get treated for it after consulting your doctor.
Once your symptoms decrease and your periods get regularized you can try for pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.