Missed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Having mild abdominal cramps. Trying to get pregnant. What to do?

hi i am trying to get pregnant. my last month period was on 9th may and this month i suppose to be on 8th XXXXXXX i have missed period and i took Home pregnancy test on 17th XXXXXXX and it came on negative. please let me know what to do now. i am having mild cramps in my abdomen.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 18 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
If your all previous periods were on time & missing a period is not a usual thing for you then you are rightly concerned.
Although home pregnancy tests are very reliable but still it may rarely be falsely negative or the pregnancy is very early.
I suggest you should have a blood pregnacy test & a trans-vaginal ultrasound to rule out any problem like a missed miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy or any pelvic pathology.
I strongly recommend you to see a doctor as early as possible as if these cramps are due to ectopic pregnancy then you need urgent medical treatment, as this can be a life threatening condition.
Hope I have given you the desired information. Please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health.