Missed periods. Pregnancy test came negative. Could this be due to BV?

I am 30 yrs old, never been pregnant, have regular like clockwork periods. I am 9 days late currently. I just got over a bout with BV. I took an at home urine test 4 days ago. Could the bv have caused my period to be late? Should I take another test?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormonal imbalance

Detailed Answer:
If you had been pregnant, then you should have had a positive pregnancy test by now. BV would not have caused this.

You probably just have an hormonal imbalance. Added to stress, its common to cause some delay in your cycles.

If your test was negative, no need to take another. Just wait for the period to come on its own. If no periods, by another week, then see your doctor for medication to get your period.

Hope this helps you. Please write back if you need further clarification.