Missed periods, On Provera. Pregnancy test negative. Bleeding with hard white tissue discharge. Is it an emergency?

Question
We are TTC. I was on Clomid and had to go on Provera because I missed a cycle. I didn't show any positive on any pregnancy tests. But, I have had cramps for the last 51 days and my breast have been super tender for a month. I finally started me period two nights ago. I woke up in the middle of the night, changed my tampon. But, when noticed on my tissue, I had a weird blood clot with a hard white tissue about an inch long attached to it. I have never seen anything like that before. I also noticed another clot in the toliet. My cycle is not heavy at all. I usually just have cramping my 1st day only. I am on day 3 and still have cramping. Should I be concerned? Guess I should call my Dr. tomorrow?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later
The hard white tissue that you passed on the tampoon along with clots is most likely your shed endometrium which is the inner layer of the uterus which gets shed during every menstruation. Since you had a period after 51 days of amenorrhea, the bleeding is likely to be persistent , heavy and with shedding of more amount of endometrium.
Since your repeated pregnancy tests are negative, it is not likely to be a miscarriage. You can call your docotr to confirm this and to allay your anxiety.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Missed periods, On Provera. Pregnancy test negative. Bleeding with hard white tissue discharge. Is it an emergency? 22 minutes later
The hard white tissue had no blood clot. It was solid white and was about an inch long. Never scene anything like it. That is normal?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for writing again.

Endometrial tissue usually has a pinkish hue. It is not necessary to be covered with clots. Passage of endometrial tissue can be normal and not concerning.

Based on your description, it seems to be a normal tissue. A direct examination can confirm my opinion. If you plan to see a doctor early tomorrow, if feasible do preserve the tissue for direct examination.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.