Missed periods. Having pain in breast. Tested with Prega news and showed one thin and one dark oink line. Pregnancy?

Hello doctor, This is XXXXX. I want to ask one question
Actually I missed my period it was due on 13 XXXXXXX I took test today (Prega News) and i think its positive. One thin Pink line and one dark pink line is spoted on that test so is it positive or negative?
Now my breast is little bit paining. This thing is happen in every my period cycle. So I m confused. And If I am pregnant what care I should take for first 2 to 3 weeks? And can I drive bike in first 3 months?

Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later

The presence of two pink lines indicates a positive test. You may repeat the test after a couple of days to be more sure with a fresh early morning sample of urine. You may also get a serum beta-hCG titre which is confirmatory.

The presence of breast tenderness is seen both in the premenstrual period as well as early pregnancy. Other symptoms that you are likely to experience in very early pregnancy are- weakness, mood swings, food cravings, morning sickness or nausea, excessive urination etc.

You may also get a trans-vaginal sonogram to assess the status of your pregnancy. During the early weeks of pregnancy it is advisable to avoid intercourse, avoid stress in any form including travel and avoid using any medication without the advice of your gynecologist. It would be better if you do not drive in the early trimester (first three months). You should take sufficient rest, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, increase intake of fluids and follow the instructions of your consultant. You may also take prenatal vitamins.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Missed periods. Having pain in breast. Tested with Prega news and showed one thin and one dark oink line. Pregnancy? 30 minutes later
What is the serum beta-hCG? Is it a test like prega news? Can I get this test in any medical shop?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 6 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

HCG is a hormone that is produced during pregnancy and measurement of the level of the beta sub-unit of this hormone is the most specific blood test for diagnosing the presence of pregnancy and assess its status. You should get it done in a laboratory equipped for the purpose. While Prega-news detects the pregnancy hormone hCG in urine, this test detects the same in the blood and is therefore, more sensitive and highly accurate.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. Please get back if you need any more clarifications. I will be ready to help.