Missed period,pregnancy test twice done,negative result

my last period 25/march until now I have missed period I did 2 pregnancy tests one yesterday evening and one today evening both are negative what is going on? what is yr advice for me.
my warm regards
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Its pretty normal for one to have a delayed period by 3 or 5 days due to mild hormonal imbalance , which could be due to influence of drugs, nutrition , environmental factors or stress.

I would advice you to wait for another 5 days ( a week on a whole ) and if you do not get the period then get the test repeated for reliable results.

If the results are still negative then you can go for blood HCG test which is very sensitive and accurate.If the blood HCG test is also negative a week after a missed period then pregnancy is completely ruled out and you may need a detailed physical and gynecological examination to rule out hormonal cause for the same.

Do not rely on the symptoms ( if any ) as there is considerable overlapping in symptoms due to pregnancy and those of premenstrual syndrome.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.