Missed period for a cycle, got bleeding during ovulation time with heavy flow and clots. What could be wrong?

Question
I had my peroid in April and during the last day of fertility I started spotting and the same on ovulation day. Well I missed my peroid in may and I am not pregnant. My ovulation day for may was yesterday and I started bleedibg heavy and liquidity with clots a lil abdominal pain. It calmeddown a little since yesterday what can be wrong. My husband and I had intercourse the night of oovulation and two n and two nights before that
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
In april, if you had mid cycle spotting it indicated ovulation. But since you missed your period in may,it means there was no ovulation. If you have started bleeding heavily mid cycle that needs to be investigated. Since you missed the period,this is just that delayed period occurring 2 weeks late. Now the problem here is that, if you cycles are not regular monthly, then your ovulation days cannot be accurately calculated. You will need to be investigated as to why, you are not having irregular cycles. Only if the problem is identified, can it be treated. Most likely this is occurring due to some hormonal imbalance.

Follow-up: Missed period for a cycle, got bleeding during ovulation time with heavy flow and clots. What could be wrong? 4 minutes later
I have never missed a period before I always get it the day of or a day later which is ehy I m so concerned I went to the obgyn n they said mu blood work is normsl n do I'd my pap exam so I don't know what else yo do
I also went for and ultrasound to examine my ovaries and everything was fine. They said I was fertile which is the same week on my calendar. I don't have cysts either.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
If your hormone levels and ultrasound is normal then just wait a couple of months. Observe if you cycles are regular again,then do a follicular study to check if you are having adequate ovulation. If ovulation is good then, timed intercourse is the best action.If ovulation is not adequate then you will need medicines.

Follow-up: Missed period for a cycle, got bleeding during ovulation time with heavy flow and clots. What could be wrong? 10 minutes later
Ok thank so much. My obgyn told me to get a second opinion

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 minutes later
Just observe for a couple of cycles and note the ovulation dates. Get a follicular study done to make sure ovulation is happening. Also do an HSG,which is an xray to make sure there are no blockages.A semen analysis is also necessary. If everything is normal,there is no reason why you cant get pregnant.If there is a problem anywhere, im sure it can be treated.
Good luck!