Missed period and noticed brown discharge. What could be wrong?

The last day i had my period was sept 22 i just realized that i have not had one for the month of oct when i checked my fertility calendar and then on nov 21st i noticed what looked like brown discharge when i wiped that lasted only 3 days can u please tell me what is going on here?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, do a home pregnancy test! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. It is not uncommon for a lady to miss her menses once in a while without any real reasons. If you have had any recent unprotected sex, then please do a home pregnancy test to see whether it could have been pregnancy as this is the most common cause of missed menses in young women. If you are not pregnant or have no reasons to suspect one, I will advice that you treat the 3days bleeding as your menses and monitor up to at least the next expected menses and only get to seek further medical attention if you have any other symptom of concern. If you are not on contraceptive and have no plans getting pregnant now, please try to talk with your doctor and adopt a method of contraception. Also, regular condom use prevents against pregnancies as well as STDs. I hope this helps and address your query fully. I wish you well and thanks for using our services. Feel free to request for more information or clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Missed period and noticed brown discharge. What could be wrong? 4 minutes later
i dont use birth control or any thing because i am married... i suspected pregnancy but i don't know when i should test how long should i wait to test
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Right now! Detailed Answer: It has been sufficiently long after the last expected normal menses that any pregnancy test should be able to give trusted results. Hope this helps. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Missed period and noticed brown discharge. What could be wrong? 28 minutes later
also i took an ovulation test the day right after the brown spotting and it came back positive how is that possible
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 14 hours later
Brief Answer: It is a test Detailed Answer: That is what the test result suggested. They are never 100% specific in that what the say is the gospel truth but then that is what we had. I am in no way suggesting that the test is false because you have a cycle that was messed up and no one can pinpoint exactly what is going on now and what phase of your cycle you are in right now. This is why i have suggested that we stay calm, monitor for red flags and gather more information that can shed more light on this. Hope this helps. Thanks and feel free to ask for more clarifications if any be. Dr. Ditah, MD