Missed period after having intercourse. HPT came negative

Is me again XXXX, not sure you still remember me, I wrote to you sometime back in September about pregnancy, now again i have this problem, i had intercourse 8 days of my period using pull out method and 23 days of my period, now i have missed one day of my period, susposesly it came yesterday which is 16 Oct but it didnt, makes me so worried now, went to see doc yesterday and tested is negative, i cant wait to know the so worried ;(
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy unlikely

Detailed Answer:

Yes, I do remember you. Hope you are doing well :). Please relax; there is nothing to be worried here.

This time again, I do not think you are pregnant.

Having intercourse on day 8 and day 23 after your periods is likely your safe period. It is highly unlikely for you to ovulate or release egg on these days. Hence, the chances of pregnancy is also very unlikely.

It's just been a day past your expected day. Please wait for a week more patiently. You should get your period soon.

Also, let me know about the test results.

Follow-up: Missed period after having intercourse. HPT came negative 5 minutes later
Hi Dr

Thanks for writting back, arhhh i feel kind of relief now but again my period usually very accurate as in it will come either day 27 or 28days for sure never miss or late, but again doc day 8, usually sperms can live up to 5 days by then i should be ovulate?

yesterday was tested is negative, actually when is the earliest can pregnancy test be tested?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
unlikely for sperms to live for 5 days

Detailed Answer:

I am so glad to help you.

Please relax; rarely does the sperm live up to 5 days within the female genital tract. Usually they survive for not more than 48hrs. 5 days is way too long.

Again, the chances are very meagre for pregnancy.

The earliest and accurate way a pregnancy test can be done would be around day 7 of missing a period.

Let me know if you have more queries.
Follow-up: Missed period after having intercourse. HPT came negative 8 minutes later
Hi Doc

Thanks Doc, i feel much better now, i think the best way to prevent pregnancy is not to have any sexual relations, because all the method are not 100% safe.

Sorry, just to confirm again day8 of my period chances are slim?

Means if i tested yesterday or today i won't be accurate?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, no method is 100% safe

Detailed Answer:

Sexuality is a core part of the human existence, and having sexual relations are inevitable. Yes, I agree with you that no method is 100% safe.

Going by your age of 36yrs, I would suggest you to go for progesterone only implants like Implanon. This is effective for you. It is just a suggestion to you.

Again, chances are slim for day 8.

Testing yesterday or today is inaccurate. You should test ideally 7 days after missing the period.