Missed period. Should I do pregnancy test or wait for some days?

my question is regarding my pregnancy. I usually got my last period on XXXXXXX 6, however this month i have missed so should i do pregnancy test at home or wait for some days
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

Normally after 4-5 days of missed period one can go for pregnancy test. Home test kit for urine tests HCG(hormone) in urine.

This is released by products of pregnancy.

Please wait for couple of days more and than go for pregnancy test.

If you are having regular cycles before this and have not taken any drugs in last month there are good chances of you being pregnant from symptoms that you have and missed period.

You can buy test kit from any medical shop near by and do test preferably with first morning sample.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you all the best for the time to come.

Follow-up: Missed period. Should I do pregnancy test or wait for some days? 28 hours later
i checked today in the morning with pregnancy kit early morning but the test was negative so my parents told to wait untill this friday and check again next again, however i feel like going for urination and something flowing through could be discharge and i always keep checking is it periods but its not. Please advise
when should i visit the doctor. Now a days i feel very restless as well and i my gaining weight. My weight is 67kg height is 160cm.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, you should wait and repeat the test after couple of days.

The symptoms that you are having could be due to doctor for check up and treatment.

In case the problem is not bothersome please wait for couple of days and repeat the test.

Again recent gain in weight might indicate some hormonal imbalance.

Please wait for couple of days.