Missed period. Pregnancy tests are negative. Stomach is growing. Can high liver enzymes cause negative results?

Hi, I Missed My Period XXXXXXX 3rd 2012. My Cycle Lasts On 21 Days. I Missed My Cycle the 23rd of XXXXXXX & The 13th Of Feb. I Have Been Taking Pregnacy Test But All Is Coming Negative. Also I Done Blood Work 2xs & it Came Back Negative. But As You Can See My Stomach Its Growing, Also My Liver enzymes are a Little Bit High. i Have all The Pregancy Symptoms. Can This Be Why My Test Coming back Negative. Or Is It Just Too Early To Tell.
I Really Think I'am Pregnant. It Looks Like I'am about a Month. Thank You! And Please Get Back To Me"
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Normal cycle is generally between 28 days to 35 days and if it gets delayed beyond 35 days,it is called as delayed period.
Since you are having a cycle of 21 days and already few pregnancy tests have been done,I would advise you to wait for a week more and get pregnancy test repeated.
If still your test is negative,you must consult your doctor for physical examination and blood investigations.

The causes for delayed periods are generally:
Change in your schedule like morning to night shifts
Due to some illness
Being either overweight or underweight.
Change in some medication
Iron deficiency anemia
Poly cystic ovary disease
Treatment involves use of short acting synthetic progestins under the guidance of your doctor.
Progestin therapy induces withdrawal bleeding and brings back your periods to normalcy

I hope to have answered your query and any further query is welcome
Thanks and wish you good luck.
Follow-up: Missed period. Pregnancy tests are negative. Stomach is growing. Can high liver enzymes cause negative results? 2 hours later
The Doctor Said, due To My Liver Infection, It Wouldn't Affect My Pregnancy. Also It's Been More Than 35days. I Wish You Could See My Stomach. I'm Very Small and My Stomach Is growing. The Causes You Listed, Doesn't Apply To Me. The Only Option My Doctor gave Me Was I probably Conceived days Before my Period. And the test is Coming negative because It's To early to Tell & My HCG Haven't Been Detected Yet. You Mentioned 35days, Well Its Been 42days. I Think I'll Just Wait Till The end of the month or the middle of march. Because I Got Xrays and everything was fine. The Only Thing I Was Told Was My Liver issue. Next I Missed 2 cycles. I Havent Been on no birth control, Also me & My Husband Trying To have a baby.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later

Nice to hear from you again.

In the absence of any recognizable or visible cause for your delayed periods, the suspicion falls on those slightly raised liver enzymes.

You have mentioned that you are trying to conceive. I want to know since when you are trying to conceive?
Is there any history of abortion or miscarriage?

I want to be sure that it is a case of simply delayed period or infertility.

Infertility is said to occur if there is no pregnancy even after one year of unprotected sex.

Delayed periods are one of the causes for infertility.

Anyways you are right in waiting for some more time and then go for more investigations if periods don't come or pregnancy test is still negative.

Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Missed period. Pregnancy tests are negative. Stomach is growing. Can high liver enzymes cause negative results? 7 hours later
There Are No Signs Of Miscarriages & Abortions. But I Will Just Wait. Infertility Might Not be The Case Either. Because My Stomach Is Growing.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 minutes later
Thanks for the feed back.
Let us hope for the best and wait and watch.
Best of luck to you