Missed period. HPT negative. Took DB10 and got positive pregnancy test. Any risk?

Question
My regular period was due on 02/03/2013, but it was missed. I tested for pregnancy, but it was found negative on kit test and also in USG on 12/03/2013. My doctor advised for DB10 tablet for regular periods. Till date, i didn't get my periods so i counsulted doctor again on 30/03/2013 and on kit test my pregnancy is Positive. Does the DB10 tablet has any negative effect on my pregnancy. Please advice.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Hello
DB 10 ideally shouldnt be taken in pregnancy. It would depend on how mmucg drug you have taken. I suggest that you get a repeat USG. By you dates you should be almost 8 weeks pregnant? and by now the fetus should show cardiac activity. Only then will the pregnancy be viable. Also its important to rule out ectopic pregnancy since the previous USG didnt show anything. If the pregnancy is confirmed on USG and shows a viable one,then you can wait and watch to see if the DB had any negative effect.

Follow-up: Missed period. HPT negative. Took DB10 and got positive pregnancy test. Any risk? 8 hours later
I have taken 06 Nos DB10 tablets. What are the probable effects of DB10 tablets on pregnancy? Please explain and advise precautions to be taken?

Well, the only side effect is that there may be chances of a miscarriage. Hence the usg should be done to note whether the pregnancy is viable or not. If your dates are correct,then by now there should be cardiac activity. So i suggest that you get that done. There is nothing else to do but wait and watch. Note for any possible bleeding.

Follow-up: Missed period. HPT negative. Took DB10 and got positive pregnancy test. Any risk? 2 days later
My USG done on 01/04/2013 and normal pregnancy of 06 weeks and 05 days detected with normal cardiac activities. My Gynac also told that i needn'd be worried about adverse effect of DB10 also prescribed susten 200 tab. Please give your opinion?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Ok,the usg seems to be fine. Susten is miscronised progesterone and it helps to usutain the pregnancy and reduce chances of miscarriage. You can take susten as advised.