Missed my birth control pill and started have brown discharge. Due to missed pill or pregnant? Had sex

Hello. I'm 18 years old and recently became sexually active. I am on birth control. He never came inside me, and hardly ever goes all the way because I'm extremely sensitive. We had sex on the 24th of February. On March 1st, I missed my birth control pill and the next day I started have brown discharge. Its been off and on spotting everyday it's been 13 days. According to ovulation calculators, I was supposed to have my prime ovulation day on March 1st (I started my period February 15). Also according to many websites, implantation bleeding is supposed to only last a few days, so should I rule that out? Do you think I've been having this lengthy discharge due to the missed pill...or that I'm pregnant...or something more serious? My last white birth control pill I'm taking tonight and then after that are the 4 brown sugar you think I'll even get my period?
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 27 minutes later
Hello ,
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Your menstrual irregularity is due to missed pill.
Missed pill has caused hormonal imbalance which in turn has lead to breakthrough bleeding.
This is not implantation bleeding.
Since you have missed only one tablet(hope you have received 2tablets next day), less likely you are pregnant. You will get back your periods.
Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Missed my birth control pill and started have brown discharge. Due to missed pill or pregnant? Had sex 33 minutes later
I have missed pills before and have never had this happened...why do you think it has is happening now? Does it have to do with which pill I missed?
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 7 minutes later

Your body reacts differently with every menstrual cycle.
Your body's estrogen will determine breakthrough bleeding.
Since you have missed a pill, estrogen level deceases leading to spotting.
Yes, It does depend on which pill you have missed.
However there is nothing to worry.
Breakthrough bleeding does not require treatment.
It will normalize within 1 month.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further doubts.
I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer