Missed heartbeats, stress test, had heart palpitations

I had a few heart palpations in July went to a cardioligist and he did a stress test and took pictures of my heart, he said everything was normal. Now a week ago I had a stress full eposide with my mother and the next day I started having a few missed beats again, why would this happen again. Now I am listening taking my pulse all the time and it is unnerving. Any suggestions. I am going back to the heart dr on thursday
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Stress usually causes palpitation and occasional missed beats. These are more likely to be ectopic beats rather than missed beats.
Smoking or drinking caffeine or any energy drinks can also cause this. If these factors are not there then anxiety is a potential factor. In the absence of anxiety we should talk about rhythm disturbance.

Certain things may contribute to a rhythm disturbance including dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities. I would suggest you drink abgenerous amount of an electrolyte beverage such as Gatorade for the next 24 hours. If your symptoms persist or if you feel chest pain, faintness, nausea or significant shortness of breath then you should immediately rush to an Emergency room.
You must go ahead with your cardiologist for a complete work up.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.