Missed four days of birth control pills, had unprotected sex. What are the chances of pregnancy?

i missed 4 days worth of the pill and had unprotected sex. what are the chances of pregnancy?
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 minutes later

I would like to know some more details in this regard,to understand the situation and help you better.

When was your last menstrual period ? The exact date of first day of bleeding ?
How regular are your cycles ?Duration ?
What is the name of the contraceptive pill you are on ?
When did you have unprotected intercourse ,The date ?

Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Missed four days of birth control pills, had unprotected sex. What are the chances of pregnancy? 9 minutes later
i started my period on the 19th. my cycles a pretty regular give or take a few days. i am on lo loestrin fe. I had unprotected sex this evening
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later

Thanks for the information.

Based on provided dates and history, I would consider the chances of pregnancy are least even after missing the pills.

The intercourse was in the non fertile period of your cycle.

Since it is 6th day the chances of ovulation are less but not nil.The sperms can live for two days in the female genital tract hence it would be safe for you to take emergency contraceptive pill within next 48 hours.This will prevent ovulation and reduce the chances much more.

Do not take the XXXXXXX lo loestrin fe XXXXXXX pills for this month and start a fresh course from the next cycle till then do follow any barrier contraceptive method preferably condoms.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.