Missed birth control pills, unprotected sex, stress. On nortel birth control. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant?
User rating for this question
Ive been on the pill (nortel) for 2 years. Last march they changed the dosage. I've always been very regular and very good about taking my pill on time. This month however I was forced to change the time I take,my pills due to my work schedule. I missed one pill and was a few hours late taking my other pills in the last week. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex Monday of the last week of pills. I usually get my period by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning on the inactive pills but its friday night and I still haven't had my period. I have been under a lot of stress lately but I took a pregnancy test Thursday morning (two days after missed period) and it was negative. Can I be pregnant? Should I continue to take my pills on time? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 20 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
It is unlikely that you are pregnant; pregnancy test also has confirmed that you are not.
The next time you miss a pill, I would advise you to take the missed pill and the regular pill the next day. Clinical trials have proven that by doing this the efficiency of the drug remains good. But if you miss the pills on two days, the efficiency of the pill is lost.
You could confirm by taking another urine pregnancy test after one week. Continue taking your pills as of now.
If there is anything else I could help you with, please let me know.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
People also viewed
- No periods after stopping birth control pills pregnancy test negative
- Aciphex prescription drug side effect
- How to use zovirax cream
- Side effects of gemfibrozil drugs
- Erythromycin base 500 mg tablets
- Glycerin suppositories and preterm labor
- Single live intrauterine gestation
- Missed birth control pills brown discharge cramps unprotected sex pregnant
- Is low lying gestational sac a problem?
- I missed my birth control pills pregnancy test shows negative
- How to find gender in scanning reports
- Can pregnancy test be effective on birth control pill
- Delayed periods after taking birth control pills pregnancy test negative
- Gdm usg ventriculomegaly
- Eczema cream over the counter