Missed birth control pill. Had intercourse. What are the risks?

Hi doctor!
I have a question about Birth control pills. I lost my birth control pills , with 7 pills left. (i take 21 pills/month). I was intimate with my boyfriend 5 days ago but he withdrew before he came and we used a condom.

I'm in a country where i can't buy pills over the counter. I am worried that i may be pregnant and unsure about what to do next and what will happen to my cycle.

Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

If you have started the pill from first day of your previous menstrual period, and taking it regularly, should not worry about getting pregnant.

In future you should not do intercourse without condom.

As your boyfriend withdrew before discharge, and used condom, chances of getting pregnant are only few, but sometimes one can become due to precum also.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,