Missed Prozac pill 2 weeks,depression symptoms,bad mood,can prozac be started again?

i missed my prozac pill for 2 weeksys in raw?

i have on Prozac for 9 weeks last 2 weeks i started missing my prozac pill

about 2- 3 days i noticed some of the depression symptoms are coming back like : bad mood , not feeling want to hang out

should i start taking Prozac again
no problems

any advice

Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 44 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You are very right. PROZAC (Fluxoteine hydrochloride) should be taken regularly as prescribed by your doctor. It is an antidepressant.

You should note the following when you are taking PROZAC

DON’T STOP SUDDENLY - Sudden withdrawal of PROZAC can cause Rebound Depression, which might be more difficult to treat than even the original symptoms of depression. PROZAC has to be withdrawn by slowly decreasing the dose and finally tapering it off completely over a few weeks.
If you miss any dose, DON’T DOUBLE NEXT DOSE the next day. Just carry on with the normal daily intake even after any skipped doses. You must see your doctor and discuss these options with him.

Take PROZAC in the morning, preferably with food.

PROZAC may cause drowsiness. So avoid using heavy machinery or driving.

Hope i answered your query, I am available for follow ups as well