Miscarriage, weight gain, exercising daily, diet conscious. How can I lose weight?

I am 32 years old, female with height 5ft 2 Inches. Last year in October, I had a miscarriage, and after that I am unable to control my weight. My weight is increasing and I have reached 84 Kgs now. I exercise daily. I am conscious with my diet too, I take lots of XXXXXXX vegetables and fiber in my daily diet. I drink 2 litres of water everday. For conceiving a second time, I need to lose weight. Please guide me what to do?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

A miscarriage is one of the most distressing events that can happen in a woman’s life and weight gain is a common event that follows miscarriage.

Since your miscarriage in October you are not able to lose weight,you are also following the right diet and exercising daily.This is good.Your Thyroid levels are also normal.Sometimes women during pregnancy tend to eat more , this will even continue post delivery or miscarriage.This might be the reason in your initial stages of miscarriage you were not able to lose weight.

You might also require a Diet chart personalized to your requirements. Also joining a Gym is better, where a trainer can possibly monitor your weight loss. If you do it on your own, you might not be able to get better results faster. Importantly if your current goal is to lose weight than other priorities, like job, you should recognize it now and spend time for at least two to three hours a day for your diet, exercise and plan for weight loss.

Also if you are want to lose weight at the earliest you can take the help of weight loss tablets for a few months with the help of your local doctor. You can also try Herbal preparations like XXXXXXX tea, Ginseng, St.Johns wort after consulting a Ayurvedic Specialist, since they should not be taken during pregnancy or other medications.

Hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Miscarriage, weight gain, exercising daily, diet conscious. How can I lose weight? 3 hours later
I am already drinking XXXXXXX Tea and I do not drink anything else. I have a personalized diet chart but it is not helping me. My real concern is, does my increase in weight hamper my fertility? Would it be difficult for me to conceive again and have a full term pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Weight gain will not hamper you in getting pregnant unless there is any medical cause behind it.

It is better to XXXXXXX a Gynaecologist and do investigations like Ultrasound abdomen. Sometimes in cases of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), there will be rise in body weight and this will cause problems like infertility.

In case, there is no such problems, it will not hamper your way in getting pregnant and delivering a full term baby.
It is better you get an examination done once.

Hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health.