Miscarriage, tests, lost child, precautions for next pregnancy. Reasons for miscarriage ?

hello doctor,
Please help me what test should be done and reason behind misscarriage when i can plan next pregnancy.suggest me the best doctoir in hyd i already visted fernandez

i lost pregnacy in 20th week on 28th mar 2010 and secon pregnancy in 14th week on 23rd may 2011
what test should be done to know the problem
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later

Multiple miscarriages can be due to many reasons. You will have to undergo extensive tests to find out the cause, if you haven't already.

Usual blood tests, TORCH profile, Thyroid status, Cervical incompetence needs to be ruled out first.

Once you conceive, you should be on complete bed rest. Hospital admission is preferred.

I would suggest that you take a break for at least 3-4 months before to attempt to conceive again.

Meanwhile get these tests done. Also start folic acid tablets before conception. The possibility of a chromosomal abnormality also exists but that should be ruled out last.

In your case, cervical incompetency could be a major cause so prevention is important.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: Miscarriage, tests, lost child, precautions for next pregnancy. Reasons for miscarriage ? 1 hour later
mam during the second pregnancy in the month of 3rd doctor applied shirodkar cerclage with in a week bleeding started .i.e she applied on 26th of april bleeding started on 5th may pains started on 15th may finally they opened the stich on may23rd and the same day baby exploded . can we prevent cervical incompetency with trements before pregnancy? we can rule out the chromosal abnormality ?
3.any treatments for chromosal abnormality before pregnancy?
4.i am now 80kgs does my weight become problem for pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later

Thanks for writing back again.

Well, unfortunately cervical incompatancy cannot be fully treated .

Only encirclage will help during pregnancy.

If encirclage didnt help in your case,then other associated causes may be present.

For chromosomal anomalies, Karyotyping is the first one to be done.That again,has no treatment as your DNA cannot be altered.

Yes, your weight is definitely a problem.

you should rule out causes of obesity like hypothyroidism, diabetes, cushings syndrome and depression etc.

Diet control and exercise are a must.

Follow-up: Miscarriage, tests, lost child, precautions for next pregnancy. Reasons for miscarriage ? 46 hours later
hello doctor,
on saturday i visted Dr XXXXXXX my doctor she said we should apply stich to uterus in the month of 2 for the next pregnancy she told she will apply stich to the bottom of uterus but my previous doctor said "we should not apply lower stich to you"
1 my doubt is if once stich applied to the bottom of uterus second time can we apply it again?
2.if yes .why my first time doctor said that we cant apply stich again? seeing my placenta report doctor said i am having huge infection and she gave antibotics and she said we should continue the antibiotic cource again in the pregnancy
4.if i use antibiotics during pregnancy will the baby effected because of the tablets?

Please resond
Thans in advance
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 27 hours later
Thanks for your patience.
First,cervical encirclage is the name of the operation done where a stitch is placed at the bottom of the uterus.This is a treatment option for incompetant cervix.Yes,it can be applied again ,there is no contraindication to that.Im not sure why your previous doctor said that it cant be done.
Second,infection of any kind can harm the pregnancy.If you havent conceived yet,you have to treat the infection completely before attempting another pregnancy.
Antibiotics are harmful,and there are very few which can be given in pregnancy.In fact,the first 3 months no antibiotic should be given,unless absolutely necessary.
You have to make sure that all infections are cured before you concieve,esp since you have a bad history.
If you have any questions,they're welcome.