Minor cramps on lower left quadrant and constipation. Advised to take cipro and flagyl. Hard lump under ribcage. Worried?

Started a week and a half ago with minor cramps on lower left quadrant and constipation. Went to emurgentcare and said i was bound up and to try miralax and milk of mag. Symptoms persisted so went to ER. Blood, urine and ct scan was said to be normal besides a diverticula on right side. Prescribed cipro and flagyl. Finished a weeks worth of doses and still have symptoms. No fever or severe pain. Just cramping, bloating, bad gas, yellow watery stools. Sometimes have a brown color. Havent been able to eat solid food because it seems as if it irritates my stomach immediately. Hardish lump on right and left side under my ribcage if i press in. Please help. Im getting depressed and worried
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 5 days later
Brief Answer:
You should get a colonoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

First thing I would suspect based on your history is diverteculitis. However since CT scan do not show any diverteculae on left side, so I think these have been ruled out.

You al;ready have taken a course of antibiotics, which is a logical thing to do. However there seems to be no relief.

Next step should be a colonoscopy to directly visualize what is happening inside the colon. This should diagnose what you are suffering from.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal