Minera coil removed. Started brown spotting. Blood and loose stool after intercourse. Is this serious?

Mar 2013
I had mirena coil out after 3 years on 24th January. I had brown spotting and light bleed 16th March. This was first bleed since removal. On 8th April I started to loose some brown blood after intercourse. This continued till yesterday and wasn't heavy and today O have brown and yellow discharge. Pregnancy test come up negative. My breasts are sore though. Any idea what could be happening
Also I didn't bleed at all when the mirena was in.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
The Mirena is a hormonal device, and after removal of the Mirena Coil, it is common to have abnormal and irregular bleeding as the hormonal levels get adjusted.
Upto 3 months, it is natural to have altered and light bleeding.
However, bleeding after intercourse needs to be investigated.
You could be having cervical polyps, growths, erosions, endometrial polyps etc.
Rarely, the cause of irregular periods could be polycystic ovaries or endometrial hyperplasia.
You need to consult a gynecologist to know the exact cause.
Most probably, the reason for your bleeding and breast soreness is the hormonal alterations following removal of Mirena.
It would self adjust within 3 months of removal, that is within the next month.
Do consult your health care provider though, for confirmation of diagnosis.

Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.