Ask a Dentist   »  

Milk teeth fall out after an injury. No sign of new teeth after few month. What to do now?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
My son is 6 years old and his one of front teeth falled out. Just to brief ,He was hit by some object and the teeth turned brownish and like that for 4-5 months and fallen after that . Now its more than 6 months now the new teeth didn't turned up and there is no sign of comming it. As of now all his milk teeths are tough . Can u please suggest what to be done now. Will it come as it, or I have to consult for some surgery, By when the milk teeth starts getting down. Please suggest...
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 50 minutes later
Thank you for the query. After going through the brief, it appears that it's upper front tooth. It’s usually around 7-8 years the upper permanent front tooth [Central incisor] will come. Even though the milk has shed off earlier than usual; the permanent tooth does not come earlier. No need to worry as off now, you can wait for few more months. If necessary you can go for IOPA x-ray during regular dentist visit just to confirm the permanent tooth's presence.
I hope this clarifies you. If you have anything in mind I am available for further discussion.
With happy regards