Milk secretion from breast. On medication for back pain, taking vit b12 shot. Underlying cause?

i am secreting milk from both breasts however i am not pregnant. Just completed my periods day before. Profile:

Age - 30
Married, no children
currently on some midication due to back pain and also on Deluza 30mg (anti depressant). Have been taking shots for vit b12 and some medication for Vit d3
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
A milky discharge from the breast is common due to mild hormonal changes in the body upto two years after the child birth.
Chronic breast stimulation, such as from frequent breast self-exams or sexual activity also is one of the common causes of galactorrhoea. Since you are having normal regular periods then having a pregnancy is a remote possibility.
The other possible causes are mammary duct ectasia, an underactive thyroid gland, tumor (prolactinoma) or other disorder of the pituitary gland, etc.
All these causes can be ruled out after some simple blood tests and a detailed examination from your gynecologist.
You can wait and watch for 7-10 days for it to subside spontaneously and if it persists then the cause needs to be investigated.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Milk secretion from breast. On medication for back pain, taking vit b12 shot. Underlying cause? 18 hours later
Doctor Tayal,

I have mentioned that I have not children and have not been pregnant ever. While I will certainly observce this for a week. Does your answer remain the same with the above change?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Milk secretion can happen from the breast even if you have never been pregnant.
You can wait for 7-10 days and if it still continues, get the proper investigations done.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.