Mild temperature, fluctuating lymphocytes, CBC test, CT scan normal, mountax positive. Causes ?

for last 4 months my temperature is 99.6 esr and cbs test were normal every time but yes lymphocytes are falcuate from 40 to 50 and back to 40. i had a mountax done that was positive but also had a ct scan done it was also normal. what is the problem
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

I have seen the attached reports with the query.The report seems to be fine as slight variation in the Lymphocyte is something not to be worried of.

But in your case slightly raised peristent temperature since last few months with Montaux test positive can be an indication of mild infection or you being in close contact with an infected person.

Some patients respond well to medications even they do not have other symptoms as breathlessness,cough,chest pain,weight loss etc.

In order for anti TB treatment to be given, there should be some clinical indications of active infection being present.

Your Physician can monitor the lung function, and then take the necessary actions accordingly.
If you do not have an active tuberculosis infection, antibiotic medications can be provided to kill the bacteria in the body.

I would suggest you to follow up with your treating doctor and take medicines as advised.

Along with the medicines, good diet, specially protein XXXXXXX diet helps a lot in speedy recovery. You should include more of pulses in your diet along with fresh fruits, milk, cheese, eggs etc. in your day to day diet.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up in case of doubt.
Follow-up: Mild temperature, fluctuating lymphocytes, CBC test, CT scan normal, mountax positive. Causes ? 33 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

i have consulted a doctor at XXXXXXX delhi he is not giving prescribing me any medicine. my ct scan was normal. if possible i will upload my ctscan report tomorrow to you. i am concern about my fever the most. i was just searching the goggle i found that increase in lymphocytes mean leukemia i was worried about it also but later out found out that in that there is change in wbc also. its been four months it all started with sore throat and cold. today also sometimes i feel irritation in ma throat. what should i do........

Thank you for your response.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

I can understand that persistent fever since so long of course can be a concerning symptom but relax as slight increase and variation in lymphocytes cannot be indicative of Leukemia.

There have to be various other symptoms as well.

You definitely require medications for curing the infection.

Fever and sore throat can even be due to presence of Streptococcal bacteria infection.

You can consider taking a second opinion from another Physician as a clinical examination of the Upper respiratory tract is quite important.

Wishing you Good health!
Follow-up: Mild temperature, fluctuating lymphocytes, CBC test, CT scan normal, mountax positive. Causes ? 2 days later
hello Mitaly,

i have send you the ct scan report. i have counseled many doctors but many of them are like 99.2 and 99.6 are not fever. i dont feel restless but just curious to make my body tem. within normal range. i was also concern about lymphocytes but as u said need not to worry as for leukemia there are many other symptoms. from last two days i am also noticing some small red colour spots in some part of the body. what should i do i know without seeing me u cant prescribe anything but i will be happy if u will help me to come out of this problem.

thank in anticipation
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks again for writing.

I have seen the attached CT report. The report mentions presence of two kidney stones in the right kidney. It also states that there is Cysticercal cyst in the abdomen muscles which is the cyst of Tenia Solium. Both of them can be a major reason of fever along with raised lymphocytes.

In some individuals cyst in muscles can present with fever, muscle pain, fatigue etc. The chest report is fine.

I will strongly advise you to visit another Physician along with this report so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.

I hope, I have answered your query.

Wishing you Good health!