Mild pain on gastrocnemius and plantaris area of leg and pain on neck. Soreness. Suggest the treatment?

Oct 2013

I've mild pain on gastrocnemius and plantaris area my leg on and off. In addition I've mild pain on my neck and close to my shoulder on and off as well. Both on my neck and leg it feels like mild workout/exercise soreness but I've not done any workout/exercise. What could it be?
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 7 days later
Brief Answer:
improper positioning of neck, shoe ware.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.
Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.

For your age group and working habits i would consider improper positioning of the head and improper shoe ware would be cause.

Proper posturing : spine should be well supported , especially lower back should be supported, adjust your chair properly to avoid stress, rest your feet on ground, if your working with computer place screen at your eye level.
These things will decrease neck pain significantly.

For your pain in legs wear proper shoe with correct size and proper amount cushion . These will decrease pain .

Other problems are considered if you develop additional symptoms like tiredness, headache and fever. If you do not develop the new symptoms, I would press for extensive investigations at this stage.

Practice aforementioned positions and ergonomics religiously. If symptoms don't improve in the next 2-3 months, we can discuss further.

Hope I answered your query.
If anything you need let me know.
You can ask me direct query at