Mild osteopenia, mild osteoporotic,on vitamin & calcium, back pain, MRI, PCOD, irregular period, high alkaline phosphatase, bone densitometry. Other tests?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having back pain since years and i am just 26.I was told that i am having mild ostopenia and mild osteoporotic and prescibed vitamin & calcium for the same.But still my lower back at a particular point pains like anything and since 2 days while getting up or walking its paining more.Had got MRI and all done but nothing in that.I m having gynae problems too ,suffering with PCOD and periods are not normal.My alkaline phosphatase count was more.In the bone densitometry ,suggested action was to get treatment to avoid further bone loss.When i go to doctor here ,he suggests me physio and correct posture.Could there anything else to be tested?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sangeet 7 hours later

Thanks for your query

The cause of your backache could be PCOD as well.

I would need the following details to answer your query in the best manner.

1. Could you please mail me your bone densitometry parameters and serum Calcium and Phosphorous levels?
2. Is the back pain localized to your back or does it shoot down the back of your thigh or leg?
3. Do you have numbness or weakness in your legs?

With the info you provided, I feel, this pain would be either positional or due to PCOD.

You may mail to reports to my attention at YYYY@YYYY

Awaiting your reply