Mild heart attack, gone unnoticed, infarction in the EKG

Is it at all possible that I, a 52-year-old woman at the time, could have had a mild heart attack 9 months ago, didn't recognize it at the time, never got treatment and survived?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 hours later
Welcome to health care magic,

yes,this is possible if the attack was a mild one and didnt have any long lasting effects.It has been seen in many cases where the patient doesnt experience anything more than a slight discomfort/sweating.
Once the episode passes in a few minutes,he/she feels fine again.Most of the times,this episode of mild attack is not even detected.Later at point,due to some routine check up an old infarction may be seen in the EKG.

Hence yes,its possible.If that has happened and an old infarct is found accidentally,then a full cardiac work up and prophylactic medcicines need to be started to avoid another attack.

f you have any doubts/queries regarding my opinion, you can write back to me. I will be available to answer your follow up questions too.

Take care,