Mild fever with leg ache, did go for trek, quit smoking. Are these related ?

I have mild fever ranging 99-101continously for past three days. I also had leg muscle ache for first 2 days. I am not sure what is the cause for it. I came from a expedition( rafting, trecking, camping) and after i came back i quit smoking( been smoking since past 8 years). I dont know if the muscle pain is because of my trecking, or if the fever is due to side effect of quit smoking. I also suffered from typhoid 1 yr back. That time at the begining it was same symptoms of low fever, i m woried that can it be typhoid again.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Your muscle pain could be due to trekking or due to fever also.
Fever is not related to your quitting of smoking.
Your symptoms of fever suggest a possibility of some bacterial infection or could be typhoid also.
You consult your doctor and get the required investigations like CBC,blood culture and urine routine and microscopic.
Any further treatment can be decided after the investigations report.
Till then you can take tablet paracetamol for your fever or body ache.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.