Mild fever, tenderness in chest, exhaustion, lack of appetite. Relapse of pneumonia?

I have slight chills, slight tenderness in lungs, and a slight feeling of tiredness and exhaustion. I am absolutely terrified I am coming down with pneumonia again. my appetight may also be declining, since I was only able to eat half my lunch. i scheduled an appointment with my doctor but they insist the earliest they can see me is tomorrow at 11am. Is there anything in the world I can do to nip this sickness in the head before it progresses? will waiting till tomorrow risk getting sicker?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have suffered an episode of pneumonia last July.

2. Currently you have symptoms of fever, breathlessness and exhaustion. You haven't mentioned any cough at present.

3. Its good to know that you have taken an appointment tomorrow with the doctor.

4. In all probability you will be started on an antibiotic and will be ordered Chest xray and blood counts.The findings will determine the future line of management.

5. Meanwhile you may take oral tablet paracetamol for fever. A 3 day course of tablet azithromycin can also be started at an earlier stage now and then your doctor may add another antibiotic (beta lactam class like co amoxiclav 625 mg thrice a day for 7 to 10 days) as per your findings.

6. As per your current symptoms you can wait till tomorrow but may take over the counter medications for symptomatic relief as mentioned above if your symptoms increase.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra