Mild fever and cough. Red dots on chest mean harm? Should I just ignore this?

I just had a fever of 39*C and have been coughing allot. Now red dots ar showing up on my cheast, should i get it checked or just ignore?
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The fever, cough and the rashes on the body makes me suspicious of you having a viral infection.I would suggest you to get your self examined and be placed on treatment early before it progresses to discomfort.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Mild fever and cough. Red dots on chest mean harm? Should I just ignore this? 6 hours later
during this night the rashes are starting to fade. Do you still think it could be an infection?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, the episode of fever even mild makes me think it to be a infection rather than any allergic reaction which usually do not present with fever.

I would still recommend you be examined by your treating doctor.He would easily rule out the chances of infection, which is safe.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.